Sunday, February 21, 2010

Eye Candy

Here are some favorites from Fall 2009's International Quilt Festival. Enjoy the show. They are amazing!
The detail in this first one is unbelievable! Three quilts inside of another quilt! The color of skin! Three people and three pets! Furniture! Flowers! Not to mention the story it tells! Definitely a favorite!

This puzzle blew my mind! The pieces falling out of it at the bottom actually match up to the spaces in the top of the quilt! The quilting was all done in puzzle shapes.

So many pieces! Love the border and the light/dark!



For being so monotone, this one is absolutely striking and beautiful!

LOVE this border! The amount of foliage in the border makes the blocks look fuller and compliments them beautifully. I'm glad the creator didn't skimp on the vine.


I've done a few log cabins but nothing like this! I love the wave in it and the picket fence border on two sides. (Can you tell I love the whimsical category?)


I love old cars so of course I would love this one. What character!


It hurts my head to imagine all of the pieces and planning that went into this one.


Wow. Is Andy Warhol quilting now?


This one tells a unique tale of painting on fall. But I also love the skin tones. The arms looked like photographs--very well done!



This contained about a billion hexagon pieces. Amazing!

My overall favorite. This one has a Dutch flavor to it. I lived in Holland for a year as a teenager so I might be just a little biased.



1 comment:

pinksuedeshoe said...

How about this fall I come to texas so I can go with you? Deal? Awesome, see you then :o)